From the early age, mankind uses color to decorate their faces or hairs. When they didn’t have the synthetic colors, they used natural colors from various plants/trees. But the science is continuously changing our life. Now we have synthetic color for a makeover. When we use color on our hair it called hair dye. Hair dry was invented to give the elders a comparatively younger look. But we take it as a style element. As the hair dye mostly made of synthetic material, you have to be careful about choosing a perfect hair dye. The right hair color can transform your looks. It will enlighten your skin tone, cover grays, and add sparkle to your eyes. But getting color at the salon can run upwards, although in some places, way upwards! Today we’ll discuss the elaborate process on exactly how to color your hair at home. Doing your Hair color in your home is a privilege for you. With the help of modern technology you can color your hair in a home without going to a salon.
If you want to dye your hair at home, you should not start before reading these rules:-
Be Conservative: Don't choose a color more than two to three shades lighter or darker than your natural color.
Enlist a Friend to Help: She can ensure that you don't miss a spot on the back of your head.
Natural Light: You can only get a clear idea about the color of your hair when you are using natural light. When you're trying to gauge the intensity of a new hair color, the forgiving dimmer switch in your bathroom won't do you any favors.
Condition your hair before start: Most kits come with a tube of deep conditioner. You should use it right after you rinse out the dye, then do a deep-conditioning treatment at least once a week after that. It will help preserve color and shine.
Dye Only Your Roots, your First Time After:- Your hair will get brittle, and your color patchy. If you recolor your whole head every six weeks, apply dye only to the regrowth when your roots start to show. And comb it through the rest of your hair a few minutes before the processing time is up.
Things you need before getting started:-
Brush: it's easier to use than a bottle if your hair is quite short. The ideal brush is one and a half to two inches wide.
Bowl: you need a bowl to mix up the dye, and swirl the brush in.Clips: you will need clips to hold back the rest of your hair as you work the dye through each section.
Rattail comb: you may have to use the brush with a narrowly pointed handle to divide hair into even sections, and the comb to distribute the dye.
Two towels: you will need 2 dark towels: One to drape over your shoulders to protect your clothes, one to clean up any drips.
A facial toner: after you are done, use an alcohol-based facial toner. It helps to remove stains from skin, floors and counter tops.
Timer: you should use a clock or time to make sure you don't wind up with a color very different from what you expected.
How to DIY Your Own Hair?
- First of all, decide what type of color you want. The color will determine the natural hair color such as if you have black hair, you cannot use the hair color that is designed for the people with grew hair. So decide the color and start the process.
- Now you should sit beside a window on a sunny day. This is because natural light will reveal the true color of the hair. And it also helps you to color your hair perfectly.
- Take a bowl and mix the color in the bowl. Carefully read the instruction before mixing the color. Because different colors need a different type of mixing process.
- By using a DIY paintbrush, apply the color to your hair. Use clips and detail brush to color perfectly.
- Observe your hair for any flaws. If you get any untouched part, apply the color there and complete the hair coloring process.
Final Verdict:- we discussed with some professionals to get this thorough process. By following these steps, you can DIY your own hair at your home!